Basic course designed to teach new or inexperienced shooters the basic skills to safely and competently handle and shoot a modern handgun. It also serves as a very good refresher course for those shooters who handgun skills may have become a little “rusty” with the passage of time. The course teaches:
- A strong emphasis on safe handgun handling practices.
- An understanding of the design, construction, and inner workings of a modern handgun.
- As understanding of the components, applications, uses, and unique characteristics of today’s handgun ammunition.
- A step-by-step “building block” approach to instruction in the fundamentals of safely, confidently, competently, and accurately firing and handling modern revolver and semi-auto handguns.
- Extensive live fire personalized instruction and supervised practice, structured to develop, improve, and build each student’s skills and abilities.
- Instruction in the care and maintenance of the handgun.
- A discussion on handgun types and various factors that must be considered in the handgun section process.
Students must provide their own handgun for use during the course (either revolver or semi-auto), as well as 100 rounds of ammunition for this handgun. WE will have hundguns available for rent and ammunition available for purchase by students who desire. Students will also be required to have their own eye and hearing protection. These items are also available to rent as needed.